Health club marketing campaigns
EPT Gym in Rushden: Activate took on the management and marketing campaigns for EPT Gym in Rushden to help develop a change of strategy and increase membership numbers. The Marketing process started with a detailed strategic review which identified a number of distinct business opportunities. Steve Rees was assigned to this project and worked with owner Julie Hynd who wrote this testimonial.
The agreed strategy was based on three main ideas:
1. Increase availability by opening earlier in the morning and later on the weekends
- Rushden is a large ‘dormitory town’ so most working people are on the road by 7.30am
2. Increase visibility to more potential members by:
- Rebuilding the website with a Content Management System
- Write regular blogs to improve credibility and Google SEO through fresh content
- Send regular email Newsletters through the Activate CRM platform
- Improve member feedback through surveys
- Distribute at least 10,000 leaflets a month to target business and residential areas
- Place an Activate Lead Box in the most popular local restaurant
- Advertise monthly in the In Your Vicinity Magazine.
- Place poster boards and banners on external walls and outside Tesco
3. Improve service offering to members by:
- Adding a cafe bar to serve protein shakes, coffees and smoothies
- Recruit additional Gym staff
- Increase the range of Group Fitness Classes
Activate Marketing Campaigns are always unique and tailored to ensure that the appropriate target audience for the client is reached with the right offer and promotion via the most suitable media available. Activate specialises in sales and marketing campaigns for gym and run a Sales and Marketing Academy to help train and develop the membership sales staff of the future.
Julie Hynd wrote the following testimonial for Steve Rees:
I have known Steve for several months now. Initially I had a meeting to discuss opportunities for his Company Activate to assist in EPT Gym. It became evident after only a couple of weeks of working with Steve that his business and working ethics were first class, excellent management skills, invaluable knowledge and contacts within the fitness industry were second to none. As such I offered Steve a permanent Consultancy position within EPT which involved setting up a sales and marketing campaign and managing the staff. Steve also has the ability to add calm to a situation whilst been assertive to gain results and meet goals etc. Steve is a pleasure to work with and I am grateful to have met and worked with him for the few months to date. His company and its skill base are second to none for knowledge, commitment and loyalty and dedicated commitment to getting the job and projects finalized and working. Julie Hynd OWNER – EPT GYM RUSHDEN
Wellingborough Chamber Breakfast Meeting: Activate helped market and run a very successful business breakfast meeting on the 6th December 2013. The meeting was attended by 80 local businesses all keen to learn more about the results of the business survey sent out through the Activate CRM package and a proposed £100 million investment programme for the County over the next seven years.
The event took about three months to plan. Regular meetings chaired by Wellingborough Chamber President James Wilson were held at Prop-Search in Wellingborough to keep the project on track. Once an agenda was agreed and a venue booked the event was published on Eventbrite, an excellent online booking platform ideal for such events.
The next challenge was to create suitable marketing material for the event which included:
- A postcard invitation, to mail to contacts on the CRM
- A leaflet to send as an attachment on emails
- Logo artwork for a carrier bag (See below)
- A covering letter (personal invitation from the Chamber)
- Artwork for a members email signature strip
- Artwork for promotional items such as pens and memory sticks
The event itself needed to have a theme as there were presentations being made by our local enterprise partnership NEP, the Borough Council of Wellingborough and of course the Chamber President.
To keep a positive theme to the meeting we decided to present many of the exciting developments that were planned for Wellingborough.
- Electrification of the East Midlands rail network
- Redevelopment of Tresham College
- A new innovation centre project by Linden
The event was filmed by a local video production company Eldraw Creative Media and was posted onto the chamber website within a week of the event.
The event was a great success with an excellent turnout and new member signups! All proof of what can be achieved through good marketing and collaboration of open minded, positive business people!
Wellingborough BID and Discover Wellingborough
Activate Marketing Campaigns: Activate secured a marketing contract with Wellingborough BID to market 417 businesses within the BID area. The Marketing Plan comprised of a number of marketing campaigns all with three main objectives in mind:
1. Increase footfall into the BID area
2. Encourage spend by the public
3. Build a database to enable ongoing communications through e-newsletters and Social Media
The BID area marketing plan was built on the brand: Discover Wellingborough and was designed to encourage people to Discover the surprising range of shops, products and services within the Wellingborough BID Area.